Anderson Trautman Cardoso concentrates his practice on taxation, tax controversies and litigation, and customs. He has been handling complex tax litigation for over 10 years now, having successfully tried a number of highly relevant tax cases before several courts, including the Brazilian Supreme Court (STF) and the Superior Court of Justice (STJ). Moreover, Anderson has also effectively represented clients in a wide array of significant matters before the administrative courts at state and local levels. Anderson’s vast experience includes an extensive range of complex litigation matters involving, among others, lawsuits and administrative proceedings designed to prevent undue tax collections and recover taxes that have been unduly paid. He also specializes in lawsuits aimed at preventing that arbitrary restrictions imposed by tax authorities may come to hinder a company’s performance or interfere with its progress. As to his expertise in consultancy, Anderson has mainly devoted his practice to matters concerning VAT (ICMS), Service Tax (ISSQN), import and export duties, as well as tax benefits. Furthermore, it is based on his extensive experience in handling matters concerning tax controversy that he has also directly assisted numerous clients to better prepare for government reviews, while providing sound and realistic client-focused tax advice based on client-business operations and activities. His major clients include leading Brazilian companies and multi-national corporations, most of which are in the petrochemical, infrastructure and technology industries, among others.
• A Tributação de Lucros Auferidos por Controladas e Coligadas no Exterior, in Tributação Internacional: preços de transferência, subcapitalização e tributação dos lucros de coligada e controlada no exterior. INEJE, 2012 (co-author book).
• Não-cumulatividade do ICMS. Livraria do Advogado, 2008 (book).
- • LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, 1999)
- • Expert in Tax Law (Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos Tributários, 2003)
- • Expert in Tax, Finance and Economic Law (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 2006)
- • 47th Annual Academy of American and International Law (Center of American and International Law, Dallas, Texas, USA, 2010)
- • Management Program for Lawyers (MPL) (Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA, 2011)
- • Board of the Federação das Associações Comerciais e de Serviços do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL)
- • Tax Council of the Federação do Comércio do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul (FECOMÉRCIO/RS)
- • Legal Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce for Brazil in Porto Alegre (AMCHAM/RS)
- • Fundação Escola Superior de Direito Tributário (FESDT)
- • Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos Tributários (IBDT)
- • Fellow of the Center of American and International Law (Dallas, Texas, USA)