André Gomes has over 15 years of extensive experience in Corporate and Tax Law. He concentrates his practice on tax consultancy, mainly regarding corporate and individual income taxes as well as social contributions on revenues. He currently focuses on corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions, and due diligences. Prior to that, he worked with tax consultancy at Arthur Andersen for over 9 years, three of which as the manager responsible for publicly held companies. He has been a member of several audit committees of publicly held companies over the years. Given his broad experience in tax consultancy (over 21 years), he is uniquely able to provide our clients with value added business-oriented tax advice. André has been teaching accounting to “non accountants” since 2010, due to his vast knowledge in that field (INEJE/RS) and has been participating in international educational programs since 1994.
• Bachelor of Economics (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 1993).
• LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, 1999).
• Expert in Tax Law (Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis, 2000).
• Tax: Litigation – Leaders League Brazil 2020/2021.
• Tax: Advisory – Leaders League Brazil 2020/2021.
• Tax – Legal 500 Latin America 2021.
• As consequências da revogação do artigo 36 da Lei nº 10.637/02 pela Lei nº 11.196/05. MP Editora, 2005 (article).
• American Chamber of Commerce for Brazil in Porto Alegre (AMCHAM/RS).
• Brazilian Institute of Finance Executives of Porto Alegre (IBEF/RS).
- Agency Q&A – Thomson Reuters – Practical law