Augusto holds a Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Fundação Getulio Vargas School of Law in Rio de Janeiro. He acted as Coordinator at the Office of Market Development of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil (CVM) between 2015 and 2018.
Augusto has worked at renowned law firms in the areas of corporate law, capital markets and banking law; in matters such as consultations regarding regulatory matters before the CVM and the Central Bank of Brazil, administrative proceedings before such authorities, as well as advising Fintechs firms in queries related to its fitting considering the current regulatory framework in Brazil.
• Master in Regulatory Law from Fundação Getulio Vargas School of Law in Rio de Janeiro.
• LL.B. in Law from Fundação Getulio Vargas School of Law in Rio de Janeiro.
• MELO FILHO, Augusto Rodrigues Coutinho de. Financial regulation by objectives: a regulatory model for the future? Final dissertation paper for Master’s degree in Regulatory Law.
• COUTINHO FILHO, Augusto. Regulatory Sandbox and Capital Market Regulation: Main Features and International Experience. Digital Magazine of Administrative Law, v. 5, n. 2, 2018.
• COUTINHO FILHO, Augusto; XAVIER, V. Boaventura; MIRANDA, V. Leão. The Performance Bond and Its Impacts to the Quality of Engineering Projects and to the Environment of Contracting and Execution of Public Works In Brazil. Forum Public Management and Contracting Journal, v. 187, July 2017.
• MELO FILHO, A. R. C. The (Un)necessary Concept of Legal Capital in Brazil: Analysis in Light of North-American and European Law. Young Scholar Collection, 2015.