Gabriella has an extensive background in the field of telecommunications and media regulation, representing clients before regulatory agencies. She has dealt with the renewal of concessions, administrative proceeding (sanctions and requests of licenses) and acted in public consultations before ANATEL and ANCINE, and more recently at the Brazilian 5G Radio Frequency Auction. She has also been advising on data protection and privacy since the earlier discussions on the data protection bills of law in Brazil. In addition, she took part into major international arbitrations and WTO cases.
Gabriella holds a PhD in International and Integration Laws from the State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and a LLM in International Economic Law from the University of Warwick, England. She lectured as a guest teacher in well-known institutions in Brazil.
Before joining Souto Correa Advogados, Gabriella had worked in large Brazilian companies (TIM, Globo and Vale) and law firms in Brazil (Veirano and XBB Advogados) and abroad (Norton Rose – summertime). She also served at the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague, Netherlands and at the Mission of Brazil to the WTO in Geneva, Switzerland.
• PhD in International and Integration Law from State University of Rio de Janeiro (2011).
• LL.B. Bachelor of Laws from Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (1995).
• LL.M. in International Economic Law from University of Warwick, England (1999).
• “Privacy and Data Protection: legislative evolution in Brazil. In: Data Protection in Brazil, Editora Forum, 2019;
• Content Regulation in GATS: telecommunications and audiovisual services in view of the new technological perspective, Editora Appris, 2016 (book);
• “The entertainment industry’s new business models and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. In: Arbitration and Mediation in Intellectual Property, Sports and Entertainment, Editora Appris, 2014;
• “Arbitration to determine the reasonable period of time for implementing the decisions and recommendations of the OSC (art. 21.3 of the ESC). In: Brazil and WTO Litigation System (Coord. Lima, Maria Lucia and Rosemberg, Barbara), Editora Saraiva, Tomo II, 2009, pp. 211-226;
• “Considerations on the Mercosur Dispute Settlement Mechanism and the Impact of its Decisions in the WTO Dispute Resolution System”, Journal of World Trade, Kluwer Law International, vol.42, issue 6, Dec.2008; (co-work);
• “Fighting environmental and social dumping in international trade: a real attempt to protect fundamental rights? Vox Juris. Electronic Student Magazine of the Strictu Sensu Postgraduate Program in Law at the UGF year 1, vol. 1, nr. 1, 2008, pp. 57-78;
• “Arbitration at the WTO: a comparative view with arbitration as a counterpoint to State Justice”, Journal of Mediation and Arbitration, (Coord. Prof. Arnold Wald) Editora RT, year 4, v. 13, April-June 2007 (revised and updated edition).
- Souto Correa Advogados reinforces its team – Iberian Lawyer