Jessica’s experience focuses mainly on civil litigation, both in the judicial and extrajudicial spheres, including lawsuits of high complexity and domestic and international arbitration.
• LL.B. Bachelor of Lawsfrom Mackenzie Presbyterian University (2018).
• Honorable mention for the Eric E. Bergsten Award Team Orals of the XXVI Edition of the Willem C. Vis Moot in 2016/2017.
• ICC Young Arbitrators Forum – Experience Matters: What to expect?. Revista de Arbitragem e Mediação, vol. 54/2017, Jul‐Set/2017.
• QUEIROZ, Caique Bernardes Magalhães; TORTORELLA, Eduardo Machado; and BANFIELD, Jessica Scott. Legal Procedural Transactions as Convergence Instruments between Arbitral and Court Proceedings in Brazil. Doutrinas Essenciais ‐ Novo Processo Civil, vol. 2/2018, p. 1119 – 1155; Revista de Arbitragem e Mediação, vol. 55/2017, p. 73 – 107, Out‐Dez/2017.
• BANFIELD, Jessica Scott; TORTORELLA, Eduardo Machado. Procedimento Arbitral: Arbitragem Multiparte. In: Análise Prática das Câmaras Arbitrais e da Arbitragem no Brasil. Coordenação Ronaldo Vasconcelos, Fernando Maluf, Giovani Ravagnani Santos e Daniel Tavela Luís. São Paulo: Editora Iasp, 2019. p. 317-333.
• Mentee of the inaugural cycle of the Young ITA Mentorship Program, having as mentor Elina Mereminskaya, lawyer in Chile at Wagemann y Cía – Abogados e Ingenieros.
• Member of CISG‐Brasil Network.
• Member of the Group of New Arbitration Practitioners of the American Chamber of Commerce in Brazil – São Paulo (INOVARBAMCHAM).
• Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Students’ Association (ABEArb).
• Member of the team that represented Mackenzie Presbyterian University in the XXIII and XXIV editions of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, during the years of 2015/2016 and 2016/2017.