Joel has solid experience and deep knowledge in the labor and employment field, with considerable hands-on experience defending companies in high complexity labor claims, involving e.g. managers and directors, administrative civil actions filed by the Labor Public Prosecutor’s Office and investigations of the Ministry of Labor and Employment. He has experience in collective bargaining with Unions to implement profit sharing, fix work shifts and other aspects of the employment relationship. Also within Joel’s purview is the review of labor practices in order to identify liabilities and ensure that companies are in compliance with Brazilian labor laws, as well as the drafting of codes of conduct and human resource policies. Joel has also authored books and articles published in Brazil on labor issues. Joel has been recommended in legal guides such as Legal 500, Leaders League and Análise Advocacia for Labor and Employment.
• LL.B (PUCRS, 2005);
• Specialist in Material and Procedural Labor Law (PUCRS, 2007);
• Master in Constitutional Foundations of Public and Private Law (PUCRS, 2010).
• Recommended lawyer in publications such as Legal 500, Latin Lawyer 250, and Leaders League and Análise Advocacia for Labor and Employment.
• Coautor do livro “Direito e Processo do Trabalho” (Arana Editora, 2013), no qual publicou artigo sobre o Processo do Trabalho no Estado Constitucional: a necessidade de integração, complementação e cooperação das normas processuais vigentes no ordenamento jurídico brasileiro.
• O Jovem Aprendiz e o Meio Ambiente do Trabalho – Os Desafios no Cumprimento da Cota Legal, publicado na Revista de Processo do Trabalho e Sindicalismo, v. 3, 2012.
• O Processo do Trabalho na Argentina, publicado na Revista de Processo do Trabalho e Sindicalismo, v. 2, 2011.
• Uma análise crítica do Sistema Sindical Brasileiro, publicado na Revista de Processo do Trabalho e Sindicalismo, v. 1, p. 109-121, 2010.
• A substituição processual sindical e o limite material da demanda, publicado pela Juris Plenum, v. 16, p. CD-Rom, 2008.
• Director of SATERGS – Sociedade dos Advogados Trabalhistas de Empresas do Rio Grande do Sul.