Jorge Cesa is one of the founding partners of Souto Correa Cesa Lummertz & Amaral Advogados. Jorge has vast experience dealing with contracts, chiefly concerning procurement, sales, distribution, EPC and real estate contracts, as well as government contracts. Over the years, he has successfully advised clients from the tobacco, electronic and machinery sectors regarding product liability issues, often by representing them before governmental agencies and other public institutions, implementing or reviewing internal procedures to minimize product liability risks, drafting liability and warranty clauses, and assisting with recall campaigns. He also regularly advises clients on product liability issues in their supply relations with other companies. As a litigator, he has successfully tried a number of high profile cases in court as well as in arbitrations, where at times he has also undertaken the role of arbitrator. He also has an accomplished academic career, having taught Contract Law, Torts and Consumer Law at the two largest private universities in the state and at AJURIS Escola Superior de Magistratura – the School of the Association of State Judges. Adding to his experience is the fact that Jorge lived in Germany from 2003 to 2005 while furthering his studies into contract and tort law. He has also authored three books and several articles on contract law and torts. Before joining private practice, Jorge worked as an attorney for the public administration of the city of Porto Alegre (1998 to 2002), where he served as Deputy Attorney General. He has been recommended in Who’s Who Legal, Chambers Latin America and Análise Advocacia’s directory of Brazil’s most admired lawyers.
• A boa-fé e a violação positiva do contrato, Rio de Janeiro: Renovar, 2002.
• Adimplemento e extinção das obrigações, São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2006.
• Inadimplemento das obrigações. São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2006.
- • LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 1993)
- • Master’s degree in Private Law (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 1998)
- • Visiting Scholar at Edinburgh University (2009)
- • PhD in Law (Universidade de São Paulo, ongoing)
- • Câmara de Comércio e Indústria Brasil-Alemanha do Rio Grande do Sul (AHK/RS)
- • Featured as an admired Brazilian lawyer in Who’s Who Legal, Chambers Latin America and Análise Advocacia