Graduated by the Law School from Universidade de Brasilia (UnB), holds a LLM in Petroleum Taxation and Finance by the CEPMLP – University of Dundee. Livia worked in Law Firms specialized in power and oil and gas sector in Brazil. Also worked as a foreign associate at the oil and gas practice team of CMS Cameron Mckenna in Aberdeen, in the United Kingdom. Livia has been working with national and international clients, providing legal advice on regulatory issues, sales of infrastructure assets and contracts both in the oil and gas and power sectors. She is also a researcher at the Center for Regulation of Infrastructure at Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV CERI) and a Lecturer at Instituto Brasiliense de Direito Público – IDP.
• LLM in Petroleum Taxation and Finance at CEPMLP, University of Dundee (2013).
• LLB University of Brasilia (2011).
• Dissertation ‘Design of Fiscal System for Exploration of Shale Gas: how is it different from conventional oil and gas?’ approved with distinction.
• AMORIM, L. M.; AFONSO, J. R. R. . Embates Federativos pelas Participações nas Rendas do Petróleo. Revista Direito Público, v. 13, p. 209-234, 2016.
• AMORIM, L. M.; SARAIVA, J. C. D. ; SAMPAIO, P. . Aspectos Regulatórios e Desafios da Iluminação Pública: Controvérsias e Desenvolvimentos Recentes. Direito. UnB. Revista de Direito da Universidade de Brasília (versão impressa), v. 2, p. 120-143, 2016.
• AMORIM, L. M.; PEREIRA, E. G. ; VELONI, G. C. . Unitisation in Brazi. Brazilian Upstream Oil and Gas. 1. ed. , 2016.
• AMORIM, L. M.. Encyclopedia of Mineral and Energy Policy. 1. ed. , 2016.
• AMORIM, L. M.; MOREIRA NETO, R. . O desafio de expandir o parque térmico a gás natural. Valor Econômico, 25 ago. 2015.
• AMORIM, L. M.; VOLOTAO, R. . ICMS Geração Distribuída: Incentivos e Distorções. Valor Econômico, 02 jun. 2015.
• AMORIM, L. M.. Recover of Royalties in the Brazilian Production Sharing Regime: a Neutral Transaction?. IBP Riol Oil and Gas 2014, 2014 (Artigo).
• Researcher at the Center for Regulation of Infrastructure at Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV CERI).
• Lecturer at Instituto Brasiliense de Direito Público – IDP.
- Brazil takes step to becoming “world´s preferred destination for gas investments
- Eletrobras privatization and the possible consequences of the effects of the Coronavirus in power auctions