Gustavo Loureiro has been practicing law since 1997. He has successfully handled lawsuits in favor of electric distributors (involving the compulsory acquisition of electric energy from Itaipu Binacional) and lawsuits on Extraordinary Tariff Reviews of electric distributors; he has provided legal opinions to the most representative associations of the electrical sector (i.e. ABRADEE); he has offered consultancy and advisory on the implementation of small and medium hydroelectric plants, wind farms and biomass generating plants; consultancy and advisory on the installation of port terminals for private use; consultancy and advisory on the construction of railway branch lines; and has offered consultancy and advisory on invitations to bid for national concessions of large airports. Gustavo is also acknowledged for his performance in the academic field. He is a former Professor at FGV in Rio de Janeiro and a former Associate Professor at the Universidade Federal de Brasília, where he also served as the coordinator of the University’s Natural Resources Law Research Group. He has authored four books on the topics of energy and natural resources and he has published articles on Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice in several prestigious national journals.
• Participações Governamentais na Indústria do Petróleo – Evolução Normativa. 1. ed. Porto Alegre: , 2011. v. 1. 174p .
• Direitos sociais e políticas públicas: desafios contemporâneos. 1. ed. Santa Cruz: EDUNISC, 2008. v. 8. 2620p .
• Constituição, energia e setor elétrico. 1. ed. Porto Alegre: Sergio Antonio Fabris, 2008. v. 1. 166p
• A Indústria Elétrica e o Código de Águas. Sérgio Fabris, 2007.
• SOUTO, Carlos Fernando . O Novo Modelo Elétrico Brasileiro e as Cooperativas de Eletrificação Rural. Porto Alegre: Livraria do Advogado, 1999. v. 01. 165p .
• Vários artigos sobre esses temas em revistas como: Revista de Direito Administrativo (FGV-RJ); Revista de Direito Público da Economia (Fórum); Revista de Direito Administrativo e Constitucional (Fórum)
- • LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul)
- • PhD in Law (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul)
- • Post-Doctorate in Law (Turin University and International Centre of Economic Research).
- • Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)