Marcela has more than ten years of experience in assisting large companies in consultancy and litigation with focus on economic and commercial impacts, knowledge of the client’s business, agility and excellence in results. Her trajectory has been marked by important court decisions and agreements acting in the strategic resolution of highly complex corporate conflicts in the areas of Consumer Law, Contract Law and Civil Liability. She has expertise in class actions involving homogeneous individual rights and diffuse rights in consumer relations. Conducts administrative proceedings before consumer protection agencies, in addition to civil inquiries with the Public Prosecutor’s Office. Responsible for conducting projects to adapt companies to LGPD and GDPR, focusing on the analysis of risks, liabilities and opportunities. She is a researcher of topics related to new consumer rights, with emphasis on personal data protection, at the renowned educational institutions UFRGS, USP and IDP. Lecturer and invited professor at PUCRS, IMED, ESPM on the themes of Consumer Law, E-commerce and Data Protection.
• PhD candidate in Consumer and Antitrust Law from UFRGS (2021-2024).
• Master’s Degree in European and German Law at UFRGS (2021).
• Specialization in Consumer Law at the University of Coimbra (2020).
• Specialization in Civil Procedural Law at PUCRS (2017).
• Specialization in Applied Civil Law at UFRGS (2012).
• LL.B. of Laws from PUCRS (2010).
• Head of the team Dispute Resolution Area, Leading Firm 2021 – The Legal 500 Latin America (2021).
• Scholarship in the Specialization in Consumer Law at the University of Coimbra – Center for European and German Studies (2020).
• Scholarship for study mission to Germany, at Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen – Center for European and German Studies (2019).
• Member of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Consumer Law and Policy of UNCTAD – UNO.
• Member of the Special Committee for Consumer Protection of OAB/RS.
• Member of the Special Commission on Data Protection and Privacy at OAB/RS.
• Member of the Brazilian Institute of Consumer Policy and Consumer Law – BRASILCON.
• Researcher in the CNPq research group Mercosul, Consumer Law and Globalization (UFRGS).
• Collaborator in the LGPD Project in the Americas (USP, UFRGS).
• Collaborator in the Privacy Lab Project (IDP).