Marcos has more than 7 years of experience working with Corporate Law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, private equity investments, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, stock option plans, and other executive compensation plans, among other related areas.
The recent transactions in which Marcos has been recently involved include:
– Sale of the Professional Beauty business of Coty Inc., including Wella, for the international private equity fund KKR. Marcos advised Coty Inc. and Coty Brasil in this transaction, which also involved the global firms Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates and Baker & McKenzie. Marcos and his team received the IFLR Americas Awards 2021 – Deal of the year – Private Equity for this transaction.
– Sale of 25% shareholding of Ourofino Agrociência for the Japanese companies Mitsui and ISK.
– Acquisition of Buscapé and other companies of its economic group by Zoom.
– Sale of Experimento, a company that commercialises student exchange programs, to CVC Brasil, the leading travel agency in Brasil.
– Acquisition by Somos Educação of the educational startup AppProva.
– Acquisition of several elementary schools by Somos Educação, a Brazilian publicly held company specialized in education.
– Sale of Highline do Brasil, an infrastructure company that construct and lease communications towers in Brasil, for Digital Colony, the infrastructure vehicle of Colony Capital.
• LL.B (JD equivalent) – USP (Universidade de São Paulo).
• LL.M (master’s degree in Corporate Law) – FGV-SP.
• Winner of the IFLR Americas Awards 2021 – Deal of the year – Private Equity. Marcos advised Coty Inc. and Coty Brasil in the Brazilian part of the global transaction whereby Coty Inc. sold its Professional Beauty business, including Wella, to KKR, an international private equity fund.