Paulo Souto has comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of all labor-related matters. He has vast experience defending companies from segments across the board regarding their Labor and Employment issues, offering strategies to address the abstract and complex legal challenges that companies face. He is remarkably skilled at developing good rapport with Unions during negotiations and at managing strikes and mass dismissals. Paulo strives to deeply understand the client’s business and interact directly with the different areas involved, especially with regards to human resource and legal departments, in order to identify opportunities to improve HR routines and provide solutions for illegalities, thereby minimizing labor claims and company liabilities. He also helps companies by reviewing their labor practices and drafting codes of conduct and human resource policies. In addition, he has considerable experience defending companies in high complexity labor claims, class actions filed by the Labor Public Prosecutor’s Office and administrative investigations.
• Postgraduate by Escola Superior do Ministério Público (ESMP).
• Bachelor’s degree in Ciências Jurídicas e Sociais (PUCRS, 1993).
• The Legal 500
• Leaders League
• Análise Advocacia 500
• Câmara de Comércio Americana (AMCHAM/RS).
• Câmara Brasil-Alemanha (AHK).
• Member of International Bar Association (IBA).
• Member of Sociedade de Advogados Trabalhistas de Empresas do Rio Grande do Sul – SATERGS
- #40 Saneamento básico e modernização da legislação hídrica no RS