Roberta Feiten has extensive experience in litigation and consultancy involving product liability, civil liability and consumer law, including class actions, having argued before various State Courts as well as the Superior Court of Justice. In addition, she has a strong presence in administrative litigation related to consumer law, including administrative proceedings and public civil investigation proceedings, and has considerable hands-on experience in dealing with the major agencies of consumer protection, such as PROCONs and the Department of Consumer Protection and Defense (DPDC), in addition to the Public Attorney’s Office. She also has experience in product recall, both in advising national and foreign clients and in conducting campaigns before authorities. She works with data protection, focusing on issues related to consumer law. She has been highlighted in several guides such as Chambers & Partners, LACCA and Análise Advocacia.
• Postgraduate specialization in Procedural Law (UFRGS, 2009).
• Postgraduate specialization in Business Law (PUCRS, 2003).
• Bachelor in Law (PUCRS, 2000).
• Análise Advocacia Mulher (2021-2022).
• Chambers and Partners Latin America – Consumer Law (2019-2022).
• Chambers and Partners Latin America – Product Liability (2017).
• LACCA (Latin America Corporate Counsel Association) – Litigation (2019-2022).
• Análise Advocacia 500 (2016-2022).
• Leaders League – Consumer Law (2020-2022).
• Leaders League – Civil and Commercial Litigation (2019).
• Leaders League – Data Protection (2021).
• Legal 500 – Latin America – Dispute Resolution (2016-2022).
• Latin Lawyer 250 – Litigation (2021).
• Recall: valorização e incentivo ao fornecedor – Article – Valor Econômico, 18/05/22.
• As multas dos Procons e os grandes fornecedores – Article. ESTADÃO, 14/03/21.
• Os acertos e os erros do Código de Defesa do Consumidor em seus 30 anos. ConJur, 09/23/2020.
• A importância de cumprir desde logo a LGPD junto aos consumidores. ESTADÃO, 09/10/2020.
• Um ‘mês do consumidor’ atípico. ESTADÃO, 03/25/2020.
• Product Liability Q&A Brazil. Thomson Reuters, 2019-2020.
• Consumer Contracts Q&A Brazil. Thomson Reuters, 2019-2020.
• Product Safety Regulation and Recall Q&A Brazil. Thomson Reuters, 2019-2020.
• A publicidade no Código de Defesa do Consumidor e Superior Tribunal de Justiça. ConJur, 18/10/2015.
• Brazil Product Liability. Getting the Deal Through, 2014 – 2018.
• Recall no Brasil. Correio Braziliense, 08/11/2014.
• Member of Women in Law Mentoring Brazil – WLM.
• Member of BRASILCON.
• Member of PLAC – Product Liability Advisory Council.
• Member of IAPP – International Association of Privacy Professionals.
• Member of Data Protection commission Federasul – Federação de Entidades Empresariais do Rio Grande do Sul.
- LACCA APPROVED 2020
- Chambers & Partners Latin America 2020