Our Antitrust and Competition specialized practice works in a multidisciplinary fashion in collaboration with other practices of our law firm to provide integrated solutions that fully address the needs of our clients. Our team has experience in several jurisdictions including Europe, Asia and the Americas, and provides services to market leaders and the largest global law firms.
OUR EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
- Antitrust and competition counseling to energy, healthcare, infrastructure, investment, life sciences, media, oil and gas, real estate, and technology companies in antitrust and transactional aspects of joint projects with competitors and noncompetitors;
- Antitrust due diligence encompassing administrative investigations and assessment of the reportability of transactions from a Brazilian antitrust law perspective;
- Antitrust compliance training programs;
- Assistance in connection with government and internal investigations, including the execution of leniency agreements and cease and desist agreements;
- Assistance to domestic and foreign companies to design and review their commercial practices and agreements with firms in vertically related markets;
- Draft and submission to the Brazilian Antitrust Authority (CADE) of merger control forms (fast-track and non-fast-track cases), including multijurisdictional mergers;
- Negotiation and performance of merger control agreements involving behavioral and structural remedies;
- Draft legal opinions for investors interested in acquiring companies with operations in Brazil or assets/divisions to be divested in Brazil as a result of structural remedies imposed on transactions of third parties;
- Draft and submission of antitrust complaints before CADE;
- Internal investigations of domestic and cross-border cartels in various industries; and
- Antitrust aspects of privatization of strategic assets and business divisions of state-owned companies.