Fernanda Muraro Bonatto
Fernanda Muraro Bonatto
As part of her work in the field of contractual counseling, Fernanda Muraro Bonatto focuses mostly on drafting contracts and opinions in the field of real estate, as well as on the corporate structuring of companies related to real estate.
Her extensive experience includes participation in the structuring of a variety of real estate projects, such as multi-use complexes, multi-property condominiums, condominium hotels, hospitals, medical centers, and shopping centers. She has also provided legal counseling to clients on a wide variety of corporate and real estate law matters.
- Doctorate in Comparative Legal and Historical-Juridical Studies from the University of Ferrara (Italy) – 2013;
- Bachelor of Laws from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2008.
- A quantificação da indenização por dano extrapatrimonial – análise dos critérios jurisprudenciais na determinação do quantum debeatur [The quantification of compensation for off-balance sheet damage – analysis of jurisprudential criteria in determining the quantum debeatur]. In: Revista Direito & Justiça, v.37, nº 2. Jul-Dec/2011;
- O Regulamento n.º 1259/2010 da União Europeia: breves considerações sobre a lei aplicável em matéria de divórcio e separação judicial e a autonomia das partes na escolha da lei aplicável [The European Union Regulation No. 1259/2010: brief considerations on the applicable law in divorce and legal separation matters and the parties’ autonomy in choosing the applicable law]. In: Revista Eléctrônica de Direito – Faculdade de Direito da Universidade do Porto, nº 2, Oct/2013;
- A utilização do consórcio empresarial para a receita dos empreendedores de shopping centers [The use of business consortiums for the revenue of shopping center entrepreneurs];
- Chapter in the book Shopping Center. Da prática à teoria e seu reverso, São Paulo, 2021;
- A viabilidade do consórcio empresarial para incorporação imobiliária [The feasibility of business consortiums for real estate development]. In: Revista Opinião Jurídica 9: Direito Imobiliário, São Paulo, Secovi, 2021.
- Women in Law Mentoring Brasil (WLM) – Contract Group;
- Brazilian Institute of Real Estate Law (IBRADIM) – Shopping Centers Commission;
- Italian Chamber of Commerce of São Paulo (Italcam) – Legal Committee.
Annual Approval of Management Accounts - 2023
By the end of April 2023, Brazilian companies, especially limited liability companies and corporations, which fiscal year ended on December 31, 2022, must hold a quotaholders’ meeting or ordinary shareholders’ meeting (as the case may be).
Key Agency Considerations for Brazil: Overview
A Practice Note providing an overview of key issues for foreign counsel of a manufacturer or supplier of goods to consider when entering into an agency arrangement for the sale or purchase of goods and services in Brazil, including applicable laws and regulations, important considerations for appointing an agent, key provisions in agency agreements, and termination considerations.
Law that reduced the quorum for approval of certain matters in limited liability companies will come into effect on October 22nd, 2022
Law No. 14,451/2022, sanctioned on September 21st, 2022, introduced significant changes regarding the deliberation quorums for the election of non-shareholder managers, the amendment to the articles of association, corporate reorganization, and dissolution of limited liability companies.