Anderson Trautman Cardoso
Anderson Trautman Cardoso
One of the founding partners of Souto Correa Advogados, Anderson is a specialist in Tax Law from the Brazilian Institute of Tax Studies (IBET) and a specialist in Tax, Financial and Economic Law from the Federal University of the state of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS). He attended the Management Program for Lawyers (MPL) at Yale University, New Haven (USA) and the Advanced Management Program (PGA) of the Fundação Dom Cabral in partnership with INSEAD in Fontainebleau (FR). He is the current President of the Federation of Business Entities of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL), Vice-President of the Confederation of Brazilian Commercial and Business Associations (CACB), and Coordinator of the Entity’s Legal Committee. He is a member of the Fundação Escola Superior de Direito Tributário (FESDT), the Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Tributário (IBDT) and the International Fiscal Association (IFA). He has authored a number of essays and books on tax law, such as “non-cumulative taxation of ICMS: normative dimension and efficacy”. He has been recognized by international magazines such as “Legal 500” and “Leaders League” as one of the most esteemed tax lawyers. His professional experience includes tax consultancy and tax litigation, as well as representation of clients in negotiations with public agencies and before the superior courts. He provides counseling to national and international clients from different economic sectors in complex transactional cases, especially in the energy, petrochemical, and technology sectors.
- Advanced Management Program from Fundação Dom Cabral/INSEAD, 2017;
- Management Program for Lawyers from Yale University (EUA), 2011;
- Fellow of “Center of American and International Law”, in Dallas (EUA), 2010;
- 47th Annual Academy of American and International Law (Center of American and International Law, Dallas, USA, 2010);
- Specialist’s degree in Tax, Financial and Economic Law from the Federal University of the state of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), 2006;
- Specialist’s degree in Tax Law from the Brazilian Institute of Tax Studies (IBET), 2003;
- Post-graduate degree from Escola Superior da Magistratura (AJURIS), 2001;
- Bachelor of Legal and Social Sciences from UNISINOS, 1999.
- Co-authored the book “Taxation of Profits Earned by Subsidiaries and Affiliates Abroad, in International Taxation: transfer pricing, thin capitalization, and taxation of profits of affiliates and subsidiaries abroad” (INEJE, 2012);
- Author of the book “Não-cumulatividade do ICMS” [Non-cumulative ICMS] (Livraria do Advogado, 2008).
- President of the Federation of Commercial and Services Associations of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL);
- Advisor to the Federation of Commerce of the State of Rio Grande do Sul (Fecomércio/RS);
- Advisor to the Brazilian Service of Support to Micro and Small Enterprises (SEBRAE/RS);
- Vice-president of the Confederation of Commercial and Business Associations of Brazil (CACB);
- Coordinator of the Legal Committee of the Confederation of Commercial and Business Associations of Brazil (CACB);
- Member of the Foundation School of Tax Law (FESDT);
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Tax Law (IBDT);
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA);
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA).