Fernanda Girardi Tavares
Fernanda Girardi Tavares
With over two decades of experience in commercial contracts, including the development and negotiation of infrastructure, distribution, and technology contracts, Fernanda Tavares has wide experience counseling Brazilian and international clients on contractual and data protection matters.
She provides counseling on a regular basis to businesses operating in a wide variety of fields, such as alternative energy, technology, construction, electronics, and service industries.
She also counsels clients in complicated mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions as well as incorporation of joint ventures.
- Master’s degree in Private Law from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2008;
- Post-graduate diploma in Contracts and Civil Liability from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2002;
- Bachelor of Laws from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2000.
- Co-author of A Nova Crise do Contrato: estudos sobre a nova teoria contractual [The New Contract Crisis: studies on the new contractual theory]. In: Revista dos Tribunais – 2007, in which she published an article on criminal clause and civil liability limitation clause.
- Served as a substitute assistant lecturer at the Department of Private Law and Civil Procedural Law at the Law School at UFRGS, where she has previously taught students in the courses of Civil Law, Institutions of Law, and Intellectual Property (2009);
- Guest lecturer of the post-graduate program in Contracts at the University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos (UNISINOS).
- Coordinator of the Data Protection Committee of the Federation of Business Entities of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL) from 2020 to 2022. Currently a member of the referred Committee (2023);
- Member of the Legal Intelligence Committee of the Brazilian Association of Information Technology Companies (ASSESPRO);
- Member of the International Association of Privacy (IAPP);
- Women in Law Mentoring Brazil (WLM) – member and mentor since 2018;
- Mentor of the first edition of the Female Mentorship Program launched by the Female Leadership Committee from CESA (2023 – 2024).
[News] Data Protection
ANPD Approves the Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties of LGPD
The Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (“ANPD”) published yesterday the Resolution CD/ANPD Nr. 4, of February 24, 2023, which approves the long-awaited Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties (“Regulation”).
Annual Approval of Management Accounts - 2023
By the end of April 2023, Brazilian companies, especially limited liability companies and corporations, which fiscal year ended on December 31, 2022, must hold a quotaholders’ meeting or ordinary shareholders’ meeting (as the case may be).