João Carlos Arieira Harres
João Carlos Arieira Harres
João Harres is an expert in intellectual property and concentrates his practice in the areas of information technology, entertainment, advertising, and intellectual property contracts.
Before graduating as a lawyer, he was a member of the Legal and Business Affairs department of a record label company and a partner of an artist development agency.
His practice includes negotiating, drafting, and reviewing contracts involving copyright, trademarks, franchising, image licensing, technology transfer, software, internet, free prize distribution, information technology services, data protection and privacy, advertising, entertainment, and media (music, TV and digital), as well as providing consultancy in these areas.
Having devoted himself to the study of topics concerning startups for more than five years, João is also a member of the multidisciplinary of the firm’s Startup Hub team, counseling companies in a wide range of matters.
- Software Licence Review, ITech Law Sourcing Committee Survey, May/2018 (coauthor);
- IT outsourcing in Brazil: current trends and legal developments, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Dec/2017 (coauthor);
- Social Media Book Brazil, Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance, Dec/2017 (coauthor);
- Sponsorship Q&A Brazil, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Oct/2017 (coauthor);
- Sales Promotions Q&A: Brazil, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Oct/2017 (coauthor);
- The Healthcare Law Review, The Law Reviews, capítulo Brasil, Sep/2017 (coauthor);
- Sponsorship Q&A Brazil, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, July/2016 (coauthor);
- Sales Promotions Q&A: Brazil, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, July/2016 (coauthor);
- Licensing, Streaming, New Business Models and What Else?” In: Monetization of the Global Music Business – From Creators to Major Industry, IAEL, Feb/2016 (coauthor);
- Sourcing World 2nd Edition, European Lawyer Reference, Thomson Reuters, Dec/2014 (coauthor);
- Os Principais Impactos do Marco Civil [The Main Impacts of Marco Civil], Veirano Tech. Co-authored with Fábio Pereira, Nov/2014;
- IT Outsourcing in Brazil”, European Lawyer Reference, Thomson Reuters. Co-authored with Fábio Pereira, Oct/2014;
- Piracy & Data Protection: A Comparison Among the US, EU, and Brazilian laws”, Licensing of Music – from BC to AD (Before the Change/After Digital), International Association of Entertainment Lawyers. Co-authored with Fábio Pereira and Ieda Dutra, 2014;
- Social Media: A Global Perspective, Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance, Apr/2013;
- Cyber Insecurity, por Hugo Coelho, Latin Lawyer, Feb/2013 (quoted);
- Cyberlaw Predictions: Privacy Reforms in the European Union and Elsewhere, Electronic Commerce & Law Report™, Bloomberg BNA, Dec/2012.
[News] Data Protection
ANPD Approves the Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties of LGPD
The Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (“ANPD”) published yesterday the Resolution CD/ANPD Nr. 4, of February 24, 2023, which approves the long-awaited Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties (“Regulation”).
Global Data Review 2023
Souto Correa was listed among the global top law firms in data protection by the Global Data Review (GDR) 100 – 2023, a ranking organized by Global Data Review.