Raquel focuses her practice in the corporate law practice area, having participated in several M&A transactions, both in Brazil and in several countries in Latin America. Due to her language skills, she also regularly acts for both Brazilian and foreign clients in implementing cross-border projects. Further, she regularly negotiates and prepares commercial contracts, having particular expertise in international agreements, as well as in matters in connection to distribution, franchise and commercial agency.
• LL.B. Bachelor of Laws from Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (2015);
• Post-Graduate studies in Civil Procedural Law, Brazilian Academy of Civil Procedure Law (2008);
• Master of Law (“Arbitrability of intra-corporate disputes”, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (2011).
• Distribution Country Questions: Brazil, Practical Law Thompson Reuters, 2020; Agency Country Questions: Brazil, Practical Law Thompson Reuters, 2020; Distribution & Agency, Getting the Deal Through, 2018; Arbitration in Brazil: Case Law Perspective (co-autoria com Arnoldo Wald), in Arbitration Law of Brazil, Juris, 2016; Arbitrabilidade no direito societário, Renovar, 2014; Contrato de Swap. In: Contratos Empresariais: Saraiva, 2014.
• Chambers and Partners: Latin America– Ranked in corporate/commercial law in South Brazil;
• Legal 500: Latin America– Recognized as an attorney in the field of Corporate/M&A;
• Inspiring Women in Law– listed as one for the “Inspiring Women in Law 2016” by Latin Lawyer, she was one of 8 Brazilian women ranked out of total of 20 listed in Latin America;
• Chambers Women in Law Awards – winner in 2017 in the category Lawyer of the Year Brazil, Gender Diversity.
- #41 Equidade de Gênero e Mercado de Trabalho
- Agency Q&A – Thomson Reuters – Practical law
- A legitimidade de ações afirmativas em processos seletivos (portuguese)