Raquel Stein focuses her practice in the corporate law practice area, having participated in several M&A transactions, both in Brazil and in several countries in Latin America. Due to her language skills, she also regularly acts for both Brazilian and foreign clients in implementing cross-border projects. Further, she regularly negotiates and prepares commercial contracts, having particular expertise in international agreements, as well as in matters in connection to distribution, franchise and commercial agency.
• Arbitrability in corporate law (Arbitrabilidade no direito societário). Renovar (2014).
• Arbitration in Brazil: Case Law Perspective (co-author with Arnoldo Wald), in Arbitration Law of Brazil. Juris (2016).
• Contrato de Swap. In: Contratos Empresariais: Saraiva (2014).
• Swap Agreements (Contrato de Swap). Saraiva (2014) Building the concept of personality as identity in Proust (A construção da personalidade como identidade em Proust). GZ Editora (2013).
• Distribution & Agency (2017). Getting the Deal Through (http://www.gettingthedealthrough.com).
• Distribution Country Questions: Brazil (2015). Practical Law Thompson Reuters.
• Agency Country Questions: Brazil (2015). Practical Law Thompson Reuters.
• Res Judicata in the view of the Brazilian Supreme and Superior Courts. Revista da Ajuris, v. 119 (2010).
• Master of Law (“Arbitrability of intra-corporate disputes”, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (2011).
• Post-Graduate Studies in Civil Procedural Law, Brazilian Academy of Civil Procedure Law(2008).
• Bachelor of Laws, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (2005).
• President of Women in Law Mentoring Brazil (WLMBR).
• Chambers and Partners: Latin America 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 – Ranked as an up and coming attorney until 2015 and in 2016 and 2017 ranked as a band 3 attorney for corporate/commercial law in South Brazil. In the 2015 edition, clients stated that “she provides consistent and wise direction throughout the whole process, always maintaining high standards and efficient execution” and that “she has been truly amazing in her dedication and commitment.” In the 2016 edition clients say she is: “easy to get along with and always has the right solution to any problem” and, in 2017, that “she has an ability to negotiate, has ample general knowledge relating to commercial management, and the capacity to be innovative.”
• Legal 500: Latin America 2013, 2014 and 2016 – Recognized as an attorney in the field of Corporate/M&A receiving praise for being ‘smart and dedicated’ as well as having ‘keen legal mind’, and clients highlight her involvement in transactions as ‘a key factor’ in their successful closure.
• Inspiring Women in Law 2016 – listed as one for the “Inspiring Women in Law 2016” by Latin Lawyer, she was one of 8 Brazilian women ranked out of total of 20 listed in Latin America.
• Chambers Women in Law Awards Shortlist (2015 and 2016) – shortlisted in the category Lawyer of the Year, Gender Diversity.