Raquel Stein’s practice focuses on the commercial contracts area, with particular expertise in international transactions and in matters pertaining to distribution, franchising, and sales representation. She has a track record in handling corporate matters, having been engaged in several M&A transactions in Brazil and in Latin American countries.
Her mastery of multiple languages allows her to work in implementing international projects, representing national and international clients.
She is also a member of the multidisciplinary ESG team of the firm, providing legal counseling to clients from many sectors in matters related to her core practice areas.
- Master’s degree in Private Law from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)- 2011;
- Post-graduate diploma in Civil Procedural Law from the Brazilian Academy of Civil Procedure Law (ABDPC) -2008;
- Bachelor of Laws from the Catholic Pontifical University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC- RS)- 2005.
- Key Distribution Considerations for Brazil, Practical Law Thompson Reuters, 2022; Agency Country Questions: Brazil, Practical Law Thompson Reuters, 2020; Distribution & Agency, Getting the Deal Through, 2018; Arbitration in Brazil: Case Law Perspective (coauthorship with Arnoldo Wald), in Arbitration Law of Brazil, Juris, 2016; Arbitrabilidade no direito societário, Renovar, 2014; Contrato de Swap. In: Contratos Empresariais: Saraiva, 2014.
- Women in Law Mentoring Brazil (WLMBR) – founding member and member of the management committee.
Annual Approval of Management Accounts - 2023
By the end of April 2023, Brazilian companies, especially limited liability companies and corporations, which fiscal year ended on December 31, 2022, must hold a quotaholders’ meeting or ordinary shareholders’ meeting (as the case may be).
Key Agency Considerations for Brazil: Overview
A Practice Note providing an overview of key issues for foreign counsel of a manufacturer or supplier of goods to consider when entering into an agency arrangement for the sale or purchase of goods and services in Brazil, including applicable laws and regulations, important considerations for appointing an agent, key provisions in agency agreements, and termination considerations.
Souto Correa goes to a major global event in the legal market
Taking another step in its international expansion strategy, Souto Correa takes its largest delegation yet to an annual IBA – International Bar Association conference. The event takes place between October 30 and November 4 in Miami and brings together lawyers from more than 130 countries, making it one of the largest conferences in the legal market.