The firm provides consultancy services regarding compliance with environmental legislation, and the identification of the best solutions to conflicts involving environmental matters. The team also assists with environmental administrative and legal proceedings, including civil inquiries and public civil actions, negotiating settlements with public authorities, and providing assistance with environmental licensing and due diligence.
“(…) expertise in solid waste management and reverse logistics. (…) Fabiana Figueiró is the name that stands out” (Legal 500).
• Legal advice to a forestry corporation regarding judicial and consultancy matters in cases involving waste and chemical product management, which included: due diligence; environmental license permits; representation in civil inquiries and general consultancy on compliance with environmental legislation;
• General assistance to one of the main investment banks in Latin America, including due diligence for purchase and sale agreements, revision of the environmental aspects of contracts, representation in civil inquiries and administrative proceedings and in operations related to their forestry assets in Brazil, including environmental licensing and the Cadastro Ambiental Rural – CAR (Rural Environmental Registry);
• Representation in a Civil Class Action regarding alleged environmental damage due to the activities of a fertilizer factory;
• Representation of one of the world’s largest electronic retail companies in administrative procedures, civil inquiries and in negotiations with public authorities and other companies regarding the national policy on solid waste management (Law No. 12.305/2012);
• Defence of a pesticide manufacturer in a public civil action involving purported environmental damage and harm to consumers;
• Consultancy to a tobacco company regarding the risks of environmental liabilities in the sale of industrial real estate;
• Successful representation of a wind power company in a public civil action in which the Public Prosecutor’s Office was seeking to annul environmental licences;
• Assistance to a company in the pulp and paper sector in complying with a Conduct Adjustment Agreement involving environmental licensing and the regularization of the legal reserve of plots of land, besides negotiations with the Public Prosecutor’s Office regarding approximately 25,000 hectares of land.