Fernando Pellenz provides legal counseling to agricultural cooperatives, cereal farmers, and rural producers based on his expertise in the agribusiness industry and forest investment matters.
He has in-depth knowledge of rural credit, agribusiness securities, risk mitigation and credit recovery analysis, including precautionary and seizure procedures involving crops, livestock, and other agribusiness assets.
Fernando also has experience in the negotiation and drafting of contracts pertaining to rural activities, such as commodities purchase and sale agreements, partnerships, and rural real estate leases, as well as the economic and financial restructuring of agricultural cooperatives.
- Master’s student in Agribusiness at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS);
- Bachelor of Laws from Faculdade de Direito Santo André (FADISA), 2006;
- LL.M. Specialist in Business Rights (3rd Edition) from University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos (UNISINOS) – ongoing;
- New Brazilian Agribusiness Securities: Formation, Issuance, Risk Assessment and Pricing course from the Brazilian Stock Exchange (B3), 2013;
- Extension Course on Strategic Management and Business Contract Drafting from the University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos (UNISINOS), 2013;
- Course Rural Credit– Rural Credit Manual (MCR) from the Febraban Institute of Education, 2014.
- Co-author of Cooperativas e Recuperação Judicial [Cooperatives and Judicial Reorganization]. In: Valor Econômico, p. E2, 26 Jun 2014.
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr);
- Member of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/RS);
- Member of the Laws and Regulations Committee of the Brazilian Rural Society (SRB);
- Guest lecturer of the post-graduate program in Agribusiness from the Universal Institute of Marketing in Agribusiness (I-UMA).
Deadline for Rural Properties to Submit to the Environmental Regularization Program is Postponed
The Provisional Measure nº 1.150 (Portuguese only) published on 12/26/2022, amending article 59 of the Forest Code and establishing a deadline of 180 days for the rural landowners or possessors to submit to the Environmental Regularization Program ("PRA"), as of the subpoena from the competent body.
The forest stewardship council approves the certification of "new" forest areas, impacting all the forest industry
Responsible for the development of an independent international forest certification system, the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved in its General Assembly the possibility, to apply for socio-environmental certification for forests, planted from 1994 on.
Leaders League Brazil - Transactions & Deals 2023
We have great news to share with you. Souto Correa was one of the highlights of the global ranking Leaders League Brazil - Transactions & Deals 2023, recognizing 11 practice areas and 13 professionals from our firm. In addition, for the first time our M&A: Large-Cap Transactions practice area was recognized by the ranking, which shows our prominence in large M&A transactions. In regional South, we still being recognized as leading law firm in Corporate/Commercial and Tax practices.