Gilberto Deon Corrêa Junior is a founding partner and team coordinator who has been recommended for years in guidebooks such as Chambers & Partners, Who’s Who Legal, Legal 500, Leaders League and IFLR 1000 as a prominent lawyer in the fields of Corporate Law, Bankruptcy and Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions, as well as Banking and Finance. He holds a Master’s degree and a LLM, and has authored various legal articles on business and insolvency law. He has taught business and insolvency law at Universities and post-graduation programs.
He was a member of the committee of scholars that assisted the House of Representatives in the development of the Brazilian Bankruptcy Law (Law No. 11.101/2005), as well in the drafting of the bill for the New Commercial Code. Consultant for the World Bank for judicial trainings on insolvency and restructuring realized in Maputo, Mozambique and for advising the Government of Angola on the best international insolvency practices.
• Garantias Flutuantes (AJURIS, vol. 47, p. 246, 1989).
• O Controlador como Fiduciário (capítulo do Livro de Estudos Jurídicos, Rio de Janeiro, Instituto de Estudos Jurídicos, 1991, nº 3, p. 82).
• A Extensão da Quebra (AJURIS, vol. 62, p. 11-73, 1994).
• Successor Corporation Liability for Claims Arising out of Defective Products (Revista da Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, vol. 12, p. 127-147, 1996).
• Consolidação Substantiva no Direito Norte-americano (AJURIS, vol. 73, p. 319, 1998).
• Direito de Empresa e Contratos (Porto Alegre, Thomson/IOB, 2006, 2ª edição).
• Reconfiguration of Labor Claims in New Brazilian Bankruptcy Law: a Constitucional Hurdle? (American Bankruptcy Institute, International Committee Newsletter, volume 6, number 2, March 2009).
• Os Créditos Fiscais na Lei de Falências e Recuperação de Empresas (capítulo do livro: O Direito no Século XXI, Ed. Juruá Editora, 2008).
• Desconsideração da Personalidade Jurídica no Ordenamento Jurídico Brasileiro (coautor com Gabriela Weirich Mottin. Revista do Ministério Público do Rio Grande do Sul, nº 62, p.113, 2009).
• CADE, Título Executivo Extrajudicial e Direito de Ação – Três Tópicos para o Debate sobre o Art. 98 da Lei n. 12.529/2011 (coautor com Daniel Mitidiero e João Geraldo Piquet Carneiro. Revista dos Tribunais. SP: RT, 2012, pp. 343/365, vol. 916).
• Brazilian Chapter of the Münchener Kommentar zur Insolvenzordnung: InsO. München: C. H. Beck, 2015. v.4. ISBN 9783406650444 (co-author).
• Notes about the Procedural and Substantive Consolidation in the Judicial Reorganization, in Temas de Direito da Insolvência – Estudos em homenagem ao Professor Manoeal Justino Bezerra Filho (São Paulo: Editora IASP, 2017, pp. 305/333).
• Transnational Insolvency in Brazil, (co-author with Rodrigo Tellechea Silva, American Bankruptcy Institute, International Committe Newsletter, vol 15, nº 1, 2018.
• LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 1985)
• Master’s in Law (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 1993)
• LL.M. (New York University, 1995).
• Was a Co-Chair of the International Committee American Bankruptcy Institute.
• Former Newsletter Editor and Educational Director of the International Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
• Member of International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL), where he is part of the Latin America Committee.
• Former Director of the Federação das Associações Comerciais e de Serviços do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL).
• Former Professor of Commercial Law at the Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos.
• Member of Turnaround Management Association – TAM.
• Member of Instituto dos Advogados do Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil).
• Featured as an admired Brazilian lawyer in Latin Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, Leaders League, IFLR 1000 and Best Lawyers.
• Recognized by leading business lawyer pela Latin American Corporate Counsel Association.