Claudio Michelon specializes in contracts and torts. He has vast experience developing and implementing successful strategies for the protection of his clients’ interests in high-complexity litigation, both before Brazilian courts and in arbitral tribunals. His expertise in conducting litigation of that sort was forged over the many years representing numerous clients ranging from leading companies (in particular in the technology and energy sectors) to foreign governmental agencies with interests to be protected in Brazil. He has been a Senior Lecturer of Law and Legal Theory at Edinburgh Law School since 2007. He is also a former professor of Civil Law and the author of books and articles published in Brazil and abroad. Claudio was the General Secretary of the International Association for Legal and Social Philosophy from 2007 to 2011.
• Being Apart from Reasons: The Role of Reasons in Public and Private Moral Decision-Making. Dordrecht: Springer, 2006.
• Direito Restituitório São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2006.
• Aceitação e Objetividade. São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2004. 179 p.
• After Public Law Oxford University Press, 2013 (no Prelo).
- • LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 1993)
- • Master’s degree in Law (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 1996)
- • PhD in Law (Edinburgh University, 2001)
- • International Association for Legal and Social Philosophy (2007-2011)
- • Senior Lecturer of Law and Legal Theory at Edinburgh Law School (since 2007)
- • British Academy Visiting Fellow (2007)
- • HLA Hart Visiting Fellow – Oxford University (2007)