Isabelle acts in the areas of Corporate and Contract Law, with experience in corporate transactions in general, including M&A proceedings, spin-offs, consolidations; constitution of joint ventures and consortia; participation and organization of shareholders’ meetings; partial or total dissolution of companies; corporate restructuring and succession planning. In the area of Contracts, Isabelle has been acting mainly in infraestructure contracts (mostly in energy and natural gas projects), working either with contracts which are under agencies’ regulations and which are not. Isabelle also acts in judicial and arbitration proceedings involving corporate and contractual conflicts.
• “The Enforceability of Emergency Arbitrators Decisions under the New York Convention”. YAR – Young Arbitration Review, v. 29, p. 43-46, 2018 (coauthor).
• Translation from English to Portuguese of the chapters regarding Articles 61 to 65 of the Commentary on the United Nations Convention on International Sales of Goods. In: SCHWENZER, Ingeborg; GREBLER, Eduardo; FRADERA, Véra; PEREIRA, Cesar A. Guimarães (coords.). Schlechtriem & Schwenzer – Comentários à Convenção das Nações Unidas sobre Contratos de Compra e Venda Internacional de Mercadorias. São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2014.
• 10th edition of the Doing Business report on Smarter Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises, 2013. Participation as a regional contributor.
• Master’s in Law (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 2017). Dissertation on the Supervening Causes of Extinction of Shareholders’ Agreements.
• American University Washington College of Law’s Summer Program in International Arbitration, 2014.
• LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, 2014).
• Associate of Instituto de Estudos Empresariais (IEE) since 2017.
• Coach of the team who represented Souto, Correa, Cesa, Lummertz & Amaral in Competição Brasileira de Arbitragem Petrônio Muniz, in the editions of 2014 and 2015.
• Member of the team who represented Souto, Correa, Cesa, Lummertz & Amaral in the Competição Brasileira de Arbitragem Petrônio Muniz, edition of 2013.
• Director of ABEArb – Associação Brasileira de Estudantes de Arbitragem, during the year of 2013.
• Member of the team who represented Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul in the 18th, 19th and 20th editions of Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, in the years of 2011, 2012 and 2013.
• Featured as a prominent Brazilian lawyer in the area of Corporate and M&A (including “compliance”) by The Legal 500 (2018).
• Full scholarship granted by Câmara de Comércio Brasil Canadá – CCBC for participation in American University Washington College of Law’s Summer Program in International Arbitration, 2014.
• Honorable mention as a speaker representing Souto, Correa, Cesa, Lummertz & Amaral’s team in the Competição Brasileira de Arbitragem Petrônio Muniz, edition of 2013.