Daniele Verza Marcon
Daniele Verza Marcon
A Lawyer with experience in judicial litigation and arbitration, working on complex claims related to civil, digital and data protection law. Daniele is a master’s student in Civil Law at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), and Bachelor of Laws graduated with honors from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS). Daniele is the author of articles related to artificial intelligence, arbitration, civil law, and data protection.
- Master’s degree student in Civil and Corporate Law from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS);
- Bachelor of Laws from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2020;
- “Anglo-American Business Law” course (class hours: 145h). University College London – 2019.
- Co-Author of the Chapter “The dimension of the electronic body from ‘Be right back’: reflections on the ‘softwarization’ of the personality”, published in the book “A Tutela Jurídica do Corpo Eletrônico” in August 2022;
- Author of the Paper “Confidentiality and data protection clauses on shareholding acquisition negotiations”, published in Revista Semestral de Direito Empresarial in July 2022;
- Author of the Article “Artificial intelligence regulation in Brazil: chasing tail?”, published in Conjur in October 2021
- Co-Author of the Paper “Artificial intelligence in arbitration: should we consider the possibility of decision-rendering AI?”, published in Young Arbitration Review in January 2020;
- Author of the Chapter “Artificial Intelligence in Courts: the challenges on the use of robots and civil liability”, published in the book “Direito Privado e liberdades civis (Ensaios acadêmicos)” in January 2020.
- Member of the Study Group on New Regulations for Digital Services in Comparative Law (Legal Grounds Institute);
- Researcher at the CNPq (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development) research group “The fundamentals of data protection in contemporary times” ;
- Member of the team that represented Souto, Correa, Cesa, Lummertz & Amaral in the Brazilian Business Arbitration and Mediation Competition of CAMARB (Business Mediation and Arbitration Chamber) in the 2018 and 2019 editions.
[News] Data Protection
ANPD Approves the Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties of LGPD
The Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (“ANPD”) published yesterday the Resolution CD/ANPD Nr. 4, of February 24, 2023, which approves the long-awaited Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties (“Regulation”).
Global Data Review 2023
Souto Correa was listed among the global top law firms in data protection by the Global Data Review (GDR) 100 – 2023, a ranking organized by Global Data Review.