Frederico handles a wide range of tax issues, with experience in tax consultancy, international taxation, estate and succession planning, and complex litigation regarding federal taxes. He provides advice on tax and estate planning for high-net-worth individuals and families, as well as on general tax matters for Brazilian and international individuals and companies.
He worked as a foreign associate at Becker, Glynn, Muffly, Chassin & Hosinski LLP, a New York-based law firm, focusing his practice on wealth and succession planning issues, trusts and estates, and corporate matters. He also works with a variety of corporate matters, including private equity and M&A transactions, frequently advising corporations, family-controlled businesses, and new enterprises, both in Brazil and abroad.
He is very involved in the business community in Brazil due to his presence in different institutions.
- LL.M. Master of Laws from New York University School of Law (NYU) – 2019;
- Specialist in Tax Law from the Brazilian Institute of Tax Studies (IBET) – 2013;
- International Taxation course from the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität (WWU-Münster, Germany) – 2012;
- Corporate Accounting Course from InCorp/SP – 2011;
- Bachelor of Laws from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC-RS) – 2010.
- Testamento: do tabu ao cotidiano [Wills: from taboo to everyday life]. ESTADÃO, 26 July, 2021;
- Imposto de Transmissão Causa Mortis Deve Incidir sobre Herança Líquida [Estate Tax should be levied on net inheritance]. In: ConJur, 04 June 2021;
- Patrimônio no exterior e ITCMD [Assets abroad and ITCMD], “Trust: noções introdutórias e comentário sobre a Solução de Consulta COSIT n° 41/2020” [Trust: introductory notes and commentary on COSIT Administrative Decision No. 41/2020] e Comentários sobre a não-incidência de ITCMD sobre VGBL [Comments on VGBL not being subject to ITCMD] E-Book Organização Patrimonial e Sucessória: Questões Práticas e Atuais. Souto Correa, 2021;
- Caminhos para a Liberdade [Pathways to Freedom]. Newspaper article. Jornal Zero Hora, 14 April, 2015. Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil;
- Liberdade de opção [Freedom of Choice]. Newspaper Article. Jornal do Comércio, 12 April, 2013. Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil;
- Até onde Chegamos? [How far have we gone?]. Book Coordination. Série Pensamentos Liberais, 17ª ed. BUQUI, 2013. Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil;
- Other articles in newspapers and websites, as well as participation as a speaker in national and international events.
- President of the Brazilian Legal Society at NYU – 2018/2019;
- Member of the Deliberative Council of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies (IEE) – 2015/2018;
- President of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies (IEE) – 2014/2015;
- Director of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies (IEE) – 2013/2014;
- Institutional Relations Director of the Liberty Institute (Instituto Liberdade) – 2015/2019;
- Member of the Economic Council of the Federation of Commerce of Rio Grande do Sul (FECOMÉRCIO/RS) – 2014/2016;
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Rio Grande do Sul Quality and Productivity Program (PGQP) – 2015/2016.