Roberta Feiten has wide experience in litigation and consultancy matters related to product liability, civil liability, and consumer law, which include class actions. Her practice has led her to argue before state courts and the Superior Court of Justice (STJ).
She also practices in administrative litigation related to consumer law, covering administrative proceedings and public civil investigations, with wide experience before the main consumer protection agencies, such as Procon and the Consumer Protection and Defense Department (DPDC), as well as the Public Prosecutor’s Office.
She is also an expert in product recalls, providing consultancy to national and international clients and fully handling campaigns before authorities.
She also practices in the personal data protection area, focusing on consumer rights matters.
- Specialist’s degree in Civil Procedure Law from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)- 2009;
- Specialist’s degree in Corporate Law from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC- RS)- 2003;
- Bachelor of Laws from PUC-RS – 2000.
- Comércio eletrônico e Proteção Digital do Consumidor: o PL 3.514/2015 e os desafios na atualização do CDC. Foco Jurídico, outubro de 2023;
- Os 33 anos do Código de Defesa do Consumidor (CDC). ConJur, setembro de 2023;
- Mês do consumidor: razões para o cumprimento das leis pelos fornecedores. ESTADÃO, março 2023;
- Nova resolução da Anvisa sobre recolhimento de alimentos desafia fornecedores. ESTADÃO, May/2022;
- Recall: valorização e incentivo ao fornecedor – Artigo – Valor Econômico, May/2022;
- As multas dos Procons e os grandes fornecedores. ESTADÃO, Mar/2021;
- Os acertos e os erros do Código de Defesa do Consumidor em seus 30 anos. ConJur, Sep/2020;
- A importância de cumprir desde logo a LGPD junto aos consumidores. ESTADÃO, Oct/2020;
- Um ‘mês do consumidor’ atípico. ESTADÃO, Mar/2020;
- Product Liability Q&A Brazil. Thomson Reuters, 2019-2020;
- Consumer Contracts Q&A Brazil. Thomson Reuters, 2019-2020;
- Product Safety Regulation and Recall Q&A Brazil. Thomson Reuters, 2019-2020;
- A publicidade no Código de Defesa do Consumidor e Superior Tribunal de Justiça. ConJur, Oct/2015;
- Brazil Product Liability. Getting the Deal Through, 2014 – 2018;
- Recall no Brasil. Correio Braziliense, Nov/2014.
- Member of Women in Law Mentoring Brazil (WLM);
- Member of the Personal Data Protection Commission of the Federation of Business Entities of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL);
- Member of the Consumer Relations Committee of the Brazilian Institute for Studies on Competition, Consumer Affairs, and International Trade (IBRAC);
- Member of BRASILCON;
- Member of PLAC – Product Liability Advisory Council;
- Member of IAPP – International Association of Privacy Professionals;
- Member of Data Protection commission Federasul – Federação de Entidades Empresariais do Rio Grande do Sul.
[News] Data Protection
ANPD Approves the Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties of LGPD
The Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (“ANPD”) published yesterday the Resolution CD/ANPD Nr. 4, of February 24, 2023, which approves the long-awaited Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties (“Regulation”).
Global Data Review 2023
Souto Correa was listed among the global top law firms in data protection by the Global Data Review (GDR) 100 – 2023, a ranking organized by Global Data Review.