Diogo Squeff Fries
Diogo Squeff Fries
Diogo Fries has solid experience with civil litigation and situations involving strategic challenges. He represents national and international clients from many industries before all levels of the Judiciary in corporate, civil, consumer, restructuring, and insolvency disputes (bankruptcies and judicial reorganization).
He also handles highly complex public civil actions and in arbitration proceedings, representing clients before national and international arbitration courts.
Diogo has also worked abroad, serving as an international lawyer in the legal department of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) (a member of the World Bank) in Washington, United States of America. During this period, his practice focused on corporate restructuring (judicial and extrajudicial) and litigation in Latin America, financing of international projects, investments, and public-private partnerships.
Diogo’s practice encompasses agribusiness-related matters, with a focus on disputes regarding the purchase and sale of land, as well as the transfer and regularization of property.
- LL.M Master of Laws in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution from Georgetown University (USA) – 2016;
- Specialist in Civil Process from ABDPC – 2010;
- Bachelor of Laws from (PUC-RS) – 2006.
- Qual o preço da governabilidade? [What is the price of governance?]. Zero Hora, 2015;
- A questão da terra e a omissão estatal [The land issue and the State’s omission]. Zero Hora, 2014;
- Repercussões da decisão do STF sobre terras indígenas [Repercussion of the STF’s decision on indigenous lands]. Jornal de Londrina, 2013;
- STF fará julgamento decisivo para terras indígenas [STF will hold a decisive trial for indigenous lands]. Consultor Jurídico, 2013.
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA);
- Member of the American Bar Association (ABA);
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC);
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI);
- Member of the Georgetown International Arbitration Society (GIAS).