Joel Gallo has wide experience in strategic labor litigation, including public, class and third-party civil claims, as well as cases regarding sales representation, civil liability, outsourcing, statutory officers, telecommunications, seaport & terminals, banking and variable compensation for C-level executives.
He actively represents clients before the Ministry of Labor and Employment and the Labor Prosecutor’s Office, especially in the negotiation of terms of conduct adjustment. Furthermore, he handles arbitration proceedings and mediations involving labor matters.
In the consultancy area, he counsels national and international companies on labor and social security matters, including drafting and reviewing codes of conduct, internal policies, and regulations, as well as in collective bargaining for implementing profit-sharing programs, and rotating shifts.
Some of its clients include leading companies in the technology, pulp and paper, and entertainment industries.
- Master’s degree in Constitutional Foundations of Public and Private Law at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC-RS) – 2010;
- Specialist in Material and Procedural Labor Law at PUC-RS – 2007;
- Bachelor of Laws from PUC-RS – 2005.
- Co-author of the book Direito e Processo do Trabalho [Labor Law and Procedures] (Arana Editora, 2013), in which he published an article on Labor Procedure in the Constitutional State: the need for integration, complementation and cooperation of procedural norms in force in the Brazilian legal system.
- O Jovem Aprendiz e o Meio Ambiente do Trabalho – Os Desafios no Cumprimento da Cota Legal [Young Apprentices and the Work Environment – Challenges in Fulfilling the Legal Requirements], published in Revista de Processo do Trabalho e Sindicalismo, v. 3, 2012.
- O Processo do Trabalho na Argentina [Labor Procedures in Argentina], published in Revista de Processo do Trabalho e Sindicalismo, v. 2, 2011.
- Uma análise crítica do Sistema Sindical Brasileiro [A critical analysis of the Brazilian Labor Union System], published in Revista de Processo do Trabalho e Sindicalismo, v. 1, p. 109-121, 2010.
- A substituição processual sindical e o limite material da demanda [Union procedural substitution and the material limit of claims], published by Juris Plenum, v. 16, p. CD-Rom, 2008.
- Member of the Association of Corporate Labor Lawyers in Rio Grande do Sul (SATERGS).