Leticia Provedel is an expert in intellectual property, entertainment, internet & digital, business transactions, corporate issues, and litigation.
Leticia has a long-time reputation for patent and trademark prosecution and litigation, disputes involving multinational companies, cross boarder issues, and relevant precedents in the intellectual property area. Leticia is also experienced in high-tech and regulated environments, such as digital platforms, e-commerce, food & drug, mining, and electronics.
Her extended practice in digital & entertainment law comprises a vast array of services in the music and movies industry, from movie production contracts and OTT contracts for television and film content over the internet to helping companies establish their businesses in Brazil, advice to new labels, disputes involving music editors and recording companies, accounting audits, and day-to-day contracts.
Leticia’s international experience involves an attorney-training program (ATP) at Squire, Sanders LLP, in the United States. She is a regular speaker in events in Brazil and abroad and has lectured in several graduate courses, including at the California School of Cinema in Los Angeles (UCLA).
She is the author of several articles and the co-author of two books. She is widely active before national and international organizations.
- Yale School of Management – Negotiation Strategies Program;
- Harvard Business School (EUA) – LLF Program;
- Visiting professor at the California School of Cinema da University of Southern California (EUA);
- Universidade Candido Mendes (UCAM) – Master of Laws;
- Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV-RJ) – MBA in Technology and Digital Law;
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC- RJ) – Bachelor of Laws.
- Co-Chair of the Development and IP Standing Committee (AIPPI);
- Vice-Chair of the Education Committee da European Brand Owners Association – 2015/2016;
- Member of the Law Firm Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA);
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA);
- Member of the European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA);
- Former Director of the Intellectual Property Association of São Paulo (ASPI);
- Member of the Law Firm Alliance (LFA).
Souto Correa goes to a major global event in the legal market
Taking another step in its international expansion strategy, Souto Correa takes its largest delegation yet to an annual IBA – International Bar Association conference. The event takes place between October 30 and November 4 in Miami and brings together lawyers from more than 130 countries, making it one of the largest conferences in the legal market.
The Brazilian Senate approves the adherence in Brazil to the International Register of Industrial Designs
O registro de Desenho Industrial possui a função de proteger o caráter ornamental ou padrões gráficos a serem aplicados em objetos, sendo adequado a uma grande variedade de produtos industrializados.