With nearly 30 years of experience in the Labor area, Paulo Roberto Souto’s practice focuses on handling judicial and administrative proceedings, especially actions of high complexity and strategic importance to the firm’s clients.
His work also involves managing inspections, civil investigations and investigative procedures brought by the Labor Prosecutor’s Office (MPT) and the Ministry of Labor and Social Security (TEM).
With wide experience in conflict management, Paulo Souto has been in charge of benchmarking cases for Brazilian labor law.
He has attended the negotiation program for executives at Harvard University and for more than a decade has been managing collective bargaining with unions from many different sectors.
Over the years, he has led the development of a number of projects with clients, such as revision of HR practices and procedures, drafting internal policies, agreements, compensation schemes, execution of compliance procedures, and activities related to provisioning liabilities.
Paulo is also a member of the multidisciplinary ESG team of the firm, providing legal counseling to clients from many sectors especially in matters related to corporate governance and social aspects.
- Negotiation course for executives at Harvard University;
- Post-graduate diploma from the Superior School Foundation of the Public Ministry (ESMP);
- Bachelor of Laws and Social Sciences from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC- RS)- 1993.
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM/RS);
- Member of the Brazil-Germany Chamber of Commerce (AHK);
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA);
- Member of the Association of Corporate Labor Lawyers in Rio Grande do Sul (SATERGS).
Souto Correa creates a new practice area
O site The Latin American Lawyer destacou que o Souto Correa criou uma área dedicada a relações sindicais e negociações coletivas. A publicação enfatiza que a nova área é formada por profissionais de perfis multidisciplinares e ampla experiência em negociações e nas mais diversas áreas do direito e de negócios.
Souto Correa Advogados was once more featured in Latin Lawyer 250
Souto Correa Advogados was once more featured in Latin Lawyer 250. In total, 14 professionals were recognized in four areas of practice.