Ricardo Quass Duarte has more than 20 years of experience in strategic and high complex civil litigation, acquired as a partner of an international law firm. Responsible for the coordination of civil and arbitration proceedings, involving several areas of law, with special focus on civil, commercial, and intellectual property law. Represents clients in several industries, such as infrastructure, technology, consumer goods and agribusiness. Ricardo has also a vast experience in supporting transactional areas, especially in M&A transactions, and in assisting clients with wealth management.
• LL.M. (Columbia University, 2009);
• Master’s Degree in Civil Procedure (Universidade de São Paulo, 2008);
• LL.B. Bachelor’s of Law (Universidade de São Paulo, 2001).
• Leader League
• Latin Lawyer 250
• The Legal 500
• Análise Advocacia 500
• Author of book “Time: An Enemy of Brazilian Civil Procedure”, São Paulo: LTR, 2009.
• Co-author of book “Collective Proceedings and Environmental Protection”, organized by Carlos Alberto de Salles, Solange Teles da Silva and Ana Maria de Oliveira Nusdeo.1st ed. Santos: Leopoldianum, 2006.
• Author of article “Anti-Suit Injunctions in the Context of International Commercial Arbitration”, published at the “Antitrust & Unfair Competition Law Newsletter” of the Illinois State Bar Association, vol. 48, n. 3 and 4, May and June of 2010.
• Co-author of the Brazilian chapter about “Legal Privilege & Professional Secrecy”, published by “Getting the Deal Through” in 2017 and 2018.
• Co-author of the Brazilian chapter about “Class Actions”, published by “Getting the Deal Through” in 2017 and 2018.
• Author of several articles published by specialized media, such as Valor Econômico (“Extended judgment technique”, “Writing laws”, “Foreign forum selection in the new Code of Civil Procedure”, “The new Code of Civil Procedure and delay of Justice”), Conjur (“Rural Land and foreign investment: the damages caused by the Attorney General’s legal opinion”) and Global Arbitration News (“Brazilian Court of Appeals confirms the validity of arbitration in international sales representation agreement”).
- LACCA APPROVED 2020
- Souto Correa adds arbitration counsel to its Asia desk