Ricardo Quass Duarte
Ricardo Quass Duarte
Ricardo Quass Duarte has more than 20 years of experience in strategic and high-complexity civil litigation. He is responsible for the coordination of civil and arbitration proceedings involving several areas of law, with special emphasis on civil, commercial, consumer and intellectual property law.
He represents national and international clients from a number of industries, such as infrastructure, technology, consumer goods, and agribusiness.
He also has wide experience in supporting transactional areas, especially in M&A transactions, in addition to assisting clients in Wealth Planning.
- LL.M. Master of Laws from Columbia University (EUA) – 2009;
- Master’s degree in Civil Procedure Law from the University of São Paulo (USP) – 2008;
- Bachelor of Laws from USP – 2001.
- Tempo Inimigo no Processo Civil Brasileiro, São Paulo: LTR, 2009;
- Processos Coletivos e Tutela Ambiental, org. por Carlos Alberto de Salles, Solange Teles da Silva e Ana Maria de Oliveira Nusdeo. 1a ed. Santos: Leopoldianum, 2006 (coauthor);
- Anti-Suit Injunctions in the Context of International Commercial Arbitration, “Antitrust & Unfair Competition Law Newsletter” da Illinois State Bar Association, vol. 48, números 3 e 4, Mai-Jun/2010;
- Legal Privilege & Professional Secrecy – Brazil Chapter, Getting the Deal Through, 2017 and 2018 (coauthor);
- Class Actions – Brazil Chapter, Getting the Deal Through, in 2017 and 2018 (coauthor);
- Several articles published in specialized media, such as Valor Econômico (“Técnica de julgamento estendido”, “Redação de leis”, “Eleição de foro estrangeiro no novo CPC”, “O novo CPC e a morosidade da justiça”), Conjur (“Terras rurais e estrangeiros: os prejuízos causados pelo parecer da AGU”) and Global Arbitration News (“Brazilian Court of Appeals confirms the validity of arbitration in international sales representation agreement”).
Double damages in cartel cases
On November 17, 2022, Law No. 14,470/2022, which implemented changes to certain provisions of Law No. 12,529/2011 (the Brazilian Competition Act), was published.
Souto Correa goes to a major global event in the legal market
Taking another step in its international expansion strategy, Souto Correa takes its largest delegation yet to an annual IBA – International Bar Association conference. The event takes place between October 30 and November 4 in Miami and brings together lawyers from more than 130 countries, making it one of the largest conferences in the legal market.
Souto Correa Advogados was once more featured in Latin Lawyer 250
Souto Correa Advogados was once more featured in Latin Lawyer 250. In total, 14 professionals were recognized in four areas of practice.