Carlos Fernando Souto
Carlos Fernando Souto
Carlos Souto is a founding partner of the firm. He has wide experience in corporate law, having led complicated dispute resolutions, product liability, and corporate and regulatory matters for national and international clients in many different areas, including technology, finance, energy, consumer products, and manufacturing.
Carlos often acts as a consultant, providing unique strategies to help companies in addressing the abstract and complex legal difficulties of dispute resolution, corporate transactions, and contract negotiation.
- Many programs on leadership and business jointly organized over the last 15 years by YPO and Harvard Business School and YPO and Fundação Getúlio Vargas.
- OPM from Harvard Business School Shanghai (China), 2011.
- OPM from Harvard Business School (EUA), 2005.
- Preparatory course for a career in the Public Prosecutor’s Office, 1999.
- Specialist in Economic and Business Law, 1998.
- “Political Culture, Rule of Law and Democracy” course from Friederich – Naumann (Germany), 1997.
- Specialist in Philosophy and Political Economy from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS) – 1995.
- Bachelor of Laws from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), 1989.
- Author of the book “O novo modelo do setor elétrico brasileiro e as cooperativas de eletrificação rural” [The new model of the Brazilian electric sector and the rural electrification cooperatives] (Livraria do Advogado, 1999).
- Author of the book “Descomplicando o contrato coletivo de trabalho” [Unraveling collective employment contracts] (L&PM, 1993).
- Author of the work “Gerenciamento de contratos: Como contratar e gerenciar bens e serviços” [Contract management: How to hire and manage goods and services]. CLT “Editora Cultural, 1993).
- Author of the work “Terceirização Passo a Passo: o caminho para a administração pública e privada” [Outsourcing Step by Step: the way forward for public and private administration] (Sagra – DC Luzzatto, 1993).
- Article “Exigências de certidões negativas de débitos para participar em licitações e contratar com a Administração Pública” [Requirements for debt clearance certificates to participate in bids and contracting with the Public Administration] (Livraria do Advogado, 1999).
- Article “Injustiça do Trabalho” [Labor Injustice] (Ortiz, 1995).
- President of the Institute of Business Studies (IEE).
- President of the Liberal Institute (IL).
- President of the National Council of Liberal Institutes (CONIL).
- Vice-President of the Federation of Trade Associations and Services of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL).
- Member of the Superior Council of the Commercial Association of Porto Alegre (ACPA).
- President and member of the Regional Council of the AMCHAM/RS.
- President of YPO – Chapter Porto Alegre (RS).
- President of YPO – Area Brazil.
- Member of the Board of Y-WPO – Area Brazil.
- Vice President of YPO in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Member of the Permanent Committee of Conduct and Ethics of YPO Brazil.
Oil, Natural Gas and Biofuels – Edition 41
Oil, Natural Gas and Biofuels – Edition 40
Petróleo, Gás Natural e Biocombustíveis - Edição 40
Annual Approval of Management Accounts - 2023
By the end of April 2023, Brazilian companies, especially limited liability companies and corporations, which fiscal year ended on December 31, 2022, must hold a quotaholders’ meeting or ordinary shareholders’ meeting (as the case may be).