Public Law and Regulatory
Souto Correa has solid experience in consultancy and litigation matters in Public Law and Regulatory, especially in the fields of oil, natural gas, mining, sanitation, road infrastructure, telecommunications, civil aviation, ports, airports, and railroads.
The firm’s scope of work includes:
- Counselling in bidding processes for the procurement of goods, services and delegation of public services, including legal representation in bidding processes, drafting of appeals and objections, and strategic litigation;
- Counselling in managing administrative contracts, especially in sanctioning processes, price revision and escalation, economic-financial recovery and contract termination;
- Acting in strategic constitutional actions, as well as administrative and court litigation;
- Acting in mediations and arbitrations involving the Government;
- Representation before Audit Courts, Regulatory Agencies and Ministries;
- Defense in investigations, public civil actions and administrative misconduct actions;
- Consultancy in understanding regulated sectors, interpreting normative acts and drafting rules, including support in the scope of public investigations and legislative debates;
- Legal counseling on licenses, certificates and permits required for the operation of the regulated activity; and
- Acting in structuring projects and modeling concessions and public-private partnerships, especially in expression of interest (EOI) procedures.
ANEEL opens a Public Consultation concerning the regulation of electricity storage, including reversible hydroeletric power plants
The Legal 500 - Latin America 2023
A day after the Leaders League announcement, Souto Correa was once more featured in another international ranking: The Legal 500. In total, we had 55 recommended lawyers and 15 practice areas recognized for our legal services. Special mentions for the areas of Litigation and Corporate, which moved up in position, and the areas of Hydrocarbons, Life Sciences, Media and Entertainment, and Aviation entered the ranking for the first time.