Souto Correa’s Data Protection area aims to consolidate clients’ best practices in data collection, use, treatment and security, in addition to developing effective solutions related to the Brazilian General Law for the Protection of Personal Data (LGPD) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our clients are provided with multidisciplinary counseling with the collaborative action of professionals who are experts in several areas, such as Intellectual Property, Consumer and Product Liability, Contracts, and Labor.
Our professionals provide legal counseling on activities involving personal data, review of privacy policies, product privacy notices, and contracts for third party vendors.
By offering consultancy and litigation legal counselling, our practice includes the design and delivery of internal training courses for companies in pulp and paper, electricity distribution, and electronics sectors. In addition to that, we also draft software license agreements for the sale of devices with embedded software for artificial intelligence companies.
- Legal counseling to companies in complying with LGPD and GDPR, including reviewing internal procedures and processes and mapping points to be reviewed;
- Drafting and review of internal policies with the aim to mitigate risks, including an action plan for conformity of the Human Resources department – procedures of recruitment, management and termination of employment contracts of employees and third parties;
- Training, courses and workshops for raising awareness and implementing data protection policies, including to multidisciplinary teams;
- Drafting and review of terms and conditions applicable to e-commerce and internal procedures regarding the use of personal data for the purposes of media advertising by means of access to products and services and data transfer to third parties;
- – Representation in judicial and extrajudicial cases involving privacy and data protection in the civil, labor, criminal and administrative areas.
Published Decree No. 11,856/2023 establishing the National Cybersecurity Policy and the National Cybersecurity Committee
ANPD: Public Consultation on the preliminary study of legitimate interest
ANPD Approves the Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties of LGPD
The Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (“ANPD”) published yesterday the Resolution CD/ANPD Nr. 4, of February 24, 2023, which approves the long-awaited Regulation on Dosimetry and Application of Administrative Penalties (“Regulation”).